Have your Civil Rights Been Violated? | How Can an Attorney Help?
Have you or a loved one been the victim of a civil rights violation? If so, you have options and may be entitled to financial compensation. A civil rights attorney can help you navigate the legal system and fight for your rights. Chance & McCann is here as your civil rights attorney on the east coast.
What is a Civil Rights Attorney?
A civil rights attorney is a lawyer who represents clients who have been discriminated against or whose civil liberties have been violated. These lawyers can help clients with a broad range of issues, including:
- Discrimination in the workplace
- Housing and education
- Police misconduct
- Freedom of speech and religion
- Voting rights
Having a skilled attorney like the east coast civil rights attorneys at Chance & McCann on your side can make all the difference.
How Do I Know If I Need a Civil Rights Attorney?
If you believe that your rights have been violated, the first step is to contact an experienced civil rights attorney. An attorney can review your case and determine whether you have a valid claim. Some common signs that you may need a civil rights attorney include:
- You are treated differently than others in a similar situation.
- You have been harassed or fired from your job because of your race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
- You have been denied housing or access to a public facility because of your race, religion, or disability.
- You have been subjected to police brutality or false arrest.
- You have been denied your right to vote.
What Can an Attorney Do to Help?
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a civil violation, an attorney can help you file a case and get the settlement you deserve. An experienced civil rights attorney will also be familiar with the laws that protect your rights and can assist you with navigating the legal system.
Don’t let your civil rights be violated without taking action. Contact the civil rights attorneys on the east coast at Chance & McCann today to schedule a consultation.